Install Guide | KC A-Pillar Brackets and Lights onto Jeep Wrangler JL (2018-current)
Congratulations on your new KC Lighting System!
This guide will help you install your new A-Pillar brackets and lights onto your Jeep Wrangler JL. These steps will apply to 2018 to current Jeep Wranglers. If you have any questions at all during this process, please feel free to contact us!
For use of part numbers: #9318, #97111, #97112, #97113, #97114, #97115, #97116, #97117, #97118, #97119, #97120, #97121, #97122
Level 1 – “Never-Ever” Never worked on a vehicle and working with tools isn’t your forte’. This is a great project that is easy to do and will help you build your skills.
Install Time 2-3 hours
Level 2 – “YouTube Certified” You are pretty mechanically handy and have done a bunch of research on how it’s done, but haven’t attempted a project like this before.
Install Time 1-2 hours
Level 3 – “DIY Auto Mechanic” Never fully installed A-Pillar lights on Jeep before but have done other similar installs, are a skilled mechanic, and you were born with a wrench in your hand. Time yourself, maybe you can beat the time below.
Install Time 30-60 minutes
Please read these instructions completely before beginning installation. These guidelines are provided in good faith to help prevent any issues arising from errors during installation. The manufacturer of this product shall not be held responsible for any user actions taken or not taken during installation. If you are uncomfortable or unsure of completing this installation at your skill and knowledge level, please seek professional installation. Selection of an experienced installer is the sole responsibility of the project owner. Any damage caused by improper assembly and installation is not considered a manufacturer defect and will not be covered under warranty.
– Hex keys/allen wrenches
– Socket set
– T40 and T47 torx bits
– Box cutter, strong scissors, or diagonal cutting pliers
– #7318 Jeep JL A-Pillar Bracket pair pack (1 driver, 1 passenger bracket)
– Jeep JL A-Pillar Bracket aluminum spacer (2)
– M6-1.0 x 55mm button head allen screw (2)
– M6 flat washer (2)
1. OPEN UP YOUR BOX
– Open the box, be careful to not scratch or damage any of the contents while opening. Read the product registration information and the warranty guide fully.
2. REMOVE THE PLASTIC COVERINGS
– There are four black T40 torx bolts that hold the plastic covers, on each bottom corner of the windshield, onto the body. Remove these four bolts and set aside. Three of them will be reused
– Once the hardware is removed, pull out on the plastic covering to remove it from your Jeep.
3. REMOVE WINDSHIELD HINGE BOLT
– Locate the windshield hinge bolt on each side of the vehicle and remove them using a T47 torx bit. Hang onto these as they will be reused.
4. RUN THE WIRING
5. REINSTALL PLASTIC COVERING
– Place the plastic coverings back into position and reinstall the two lower factory bolts and the one upper bolt that is furthest away from the windshield on each side.
6. INSTALL THE BRACKET
– Place the brackets into position and reinstall the windshield hinge bolts hand-tight only, leaving enough play for the brackets to swivel up and down.
– Then place the aluminum spacers into position and swivel the brackets to rest on top of them.
– Install the included M6 bolts and M6 flat washers through the bracket, then through the spacer, and into the factory location.
– Fully tighten the M6 bolt and the windshield hinge bolt.